If you open the app and your progress isn't showing up, don't worry, we're here to help. Your Simply Piano progress is saved to an account, usually through your email address. Note that we use the email address you register in the app and not your Apple ID or Google Play email. Here are some steps to recover your progress:
Go in the app to Menu > Settings > Restore Purchases. This will look for the account that was originally used and help you log into that account.
If you realize that the account you get logged into is the wrong email address, you can edit that by going to Menu > Settings > My Account and pressing the green pencil. If you have any trouble, you can reach out to us by pressing Send us Feedback in the app menu.
If you only ever logged in on one device, please email us by going to Menu > Contact Support and include any and all email addresses you may have used to log in as well as the email address you currently have under Menu > My Account so we can check which one has the progress you achieved. Be sure not to delete the attached application dump as this will help us look for your progress.
If you previously logged in on a different device
- Double-check which email address you used on that device. You can check by going to My Account in the Simply Piano settings menu on the previous device. If you see that it was another email, log out and log in back in with that email on the new device.
- If you see that it says "Anonymous" on the My Account page, that means that your account was never connected to an email address, so it can't be used on another device for the moment. To edit that so it is connected to an email, press the pencil if you're an iOS user or "Change E-mail" if you're an Android user and then enter the email you'd like. Now the progress will be saved to the email and you can log in with it on the other device. If you now log in and the subscription isn't recognized, just go to Menu > Restore Purchases and you'll be all set.
- If you get an error message when you try to change from Anonymous to an email address, that means the email address has already been used to open another account. One option is to connect it to a different email address. You can also open the email address by following these steps:
- Log into the correct email address you want to use on another device.
- Press "Change E-mail" and edit it to have "fake" right before the @ sign. Ex: if your email is firstname.lastname@example.org, change it to email@example.com.
- Now go back to the device with the Anonymous account and edit this to the email you want connected to it. The progress will be saved to that email address and you can use it on other devices.
- If you now log in and the subscription isn't recognized, just go to Restore Purchases in the app settings menu and you should be all set.
If these steps do not restore the progress, please email us by going to Menu > Contact Support on your original device. Please include any and all email addresses you may have used to log in as well as the email address you currently have on the My Account page in the app settings menu. Be sure not to delete the attached application dump as this will help us look for your progress.